Working with Forms
There are two different kinds of forms that you can fill out using PDFpen, interactive forms which have built-in fillable form fields, and non-interactive forms that are just scanned documents without built-in form fields.
Interactive PDF Forms
These forms come with interactive fields, making it easy to tab through fields and enter text. Some other interactive fields which function in PDFpen are signature fields and calculation fields.
- Make sure the Select Text tool
- Click on a form field. A blue border appears around the field.
- Fill in the field by typing.
- Use the Tab button to move to the next field.
- To check a checkbox or select a radio button, just click on it.
Turn a non-interactive form into an interactive one with PDFpen to create active fields for you. See how in Creating Forms.
- Select the Text tool
- Click on the areas of the form you want to fill in. A text box appears.
- Type the information.
Saving Your Form
When you're done filling out the form, choose File > Save. The application saves with the information you added, allowing you to edit the form later without losing any work.
See Signing Forms.