You can block out text (black out), or erase it (white out) with the redact function.
- Select the text you wish to redact.
- In the menu, choose Format > Redact text.
- Choose Redact Text – Block if you want that text blacked out.
- Choose Redact Text – Erase if you want a blank space in place of the text.
You will not be able to redact text that has already been made editable using the Correct Text button . That text can instead be deleted. (Editing and Correcting Text).
Redact an Area
Redact a rectangular area of your document.
- Choose Tools > Select Rectangle tool (Command+4).
- Drag a rectangle over an area of your page.
- Choose Format > Redact Text - Block, or Erase.
All of the content in the rectangle area is securely redacted.
Find and Redact
From a search, you can redact keywords and phrases. (Searching PDFs).
Note: If there is any sensitive information in the document metadata, you must remove it manually in the Inspector under the Document Information tab (Command+Option+5). Find-and-Redact and Find-and-Replace do not scan the metadata.